The Tampere Larp Festival, or TLF for short, is an emerging larp festival organized for Solmukohta 2020, from 29th of March to 1st of April in Tampere, Finland. The Festival offers easily approachable larping experiences to Finnish and international visitors. The larps will not require any preparation from the players apart from signing up for the game.
We are now looking for larp facilitators/game masters for the TLF program! Check the TLF program page for more information.
The larp program will consist of a small selection of Finnish and international mini larps. The selection will be curated by Simon James Pettitt. Simon is an experienced larp organizer and larpwright. He has authored over 15 minilarps that have been played in Danish roleplaying events like Fastaval and Black Box Copenhagen. Simon is also the founder of Danish theatre and larp festival Black Box Horsens.
In addition to the larp program the Festival will include other larp related events as well social activities to allow you to get to know the lovely city of Tampere and your fellow Solmukohta visitors:
- Edularp Conference: Academic program of lectures and workshops on Wednesday
- Nordic Larp Talks: A series of short lectures on Wednesday evening
- A Week in Finland: Sightseeing, social events and much more taking place from Sunday to Wednesday
The base camp for the Festival will be at culture center Telakka (Kulttuuritalo Telakka) where you are welcome to come to just hangout and meet people.
The first floor is a restaurant/bar that is open to the public. The second floor is reserved only for TLF hangout and is not open to the public. The third floor houses Teatteri Telakka which will be a venue for some of TLF mini larp programme. The upper floors are unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
Tullikamarin aukio 3
33100 Tampere, Finland
Opening hours for the downstairs restaurant are:
- Monday–Tuesday 11:00–00:00
- Wednesday–Thursday 11:00–01:00
- Friday 11:00–03:00
- Saturday 12:00–03:00
- Sunday 13:00–23:00
The Solmukohta 2020 tickets only include accommodation for the duration of the conference 2-5 April so you need to book somewhere to stay for the duration of TLF. There are several hotels within spitting distance of Telakka.
- Dream Hostel http://www.dreamhostel.fi/en/
- Hotel Citi Inn https://citiinn.fi/en/
- Omenahotelli https://www.omenahotels.com/en/services/tampere/
- Sokos Hotels https://www.sokoshotels.fi/en/tampere
- Holiday Inn https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/tampere/tmphi/hoteldetail
- Scandic Hotels https://www.scandichotels.com/hotels/finland/tampere
- Airbnb also has several locations in the area https://www.airbnb.com